Skip to content
Environmental and Sustainable Innovation Initiatives
By May 2017…
- Green Building Alliance will facilitate four Systems Design Labs that position 32 educators and 32 youth as designers of a sustainable and environmentally just region.
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens will engage over 400 students, teachers, and families in citizen science.
- Pittsburgh Botanical Gardens will help 1,000 or more kids, adult and families connect with nature.
- Pittsburgh Park Conservancy will deepen its connection to Pittsburgh Public Schools through outdoor STEAM education for 90 elementary students, 50 high school students and 20 PPS teachers.
- The Student Conservation Association of Pittsburgh will train 150 students in conservation work skills to continue to create the next generation of conservation leaders.
- Venture Outdoors will help connect over 150 youth to the outdoors in their hometown through its school-year Youth Outdoor Recreation Program.