The event will include learning stations that students and families can visit to explore tower building, clay modeling, robots, drones, slime making, and the scientific method in observing capillary action.
The event will include multiple learning stations for students and their families to explore together.
The learning stations will include:
1) Flying and coding drones. Students will get to fly recreational drones using hand held controls and by programming.
2) Students will have a short lesson on robots and then program Ozobots by drawing lines for the bots to read and creating tracks for the bots to follow. Interested students can then program the bots to play golf.
3) Colorful Flowers – Students will put a carnation into water with food coloring to have the flower draw the food color into itself. They will be given a journal to write their observations, with their family, during the week.
4) Clay towers – Students will build towers using clay as a fastener and other materials as the structural members.
5) Clay Models – Younger students will have the opportunity to create clay models using pictures on cards as a template.