Hands-on STEM activities will focus on building designs based on engineering principles. Make paper rockets, build and test boats for strength, and design a balloon powered car! For girls in 3rd-5th grades (siblings welcome!)
Please note that while the mission of STEM Like a Girl is to promote and encourage girls in STEM, all are welcome to attend our events regardless of gender or gender identity.
Scholarships are also available to any family who requests one! If interested please contact Sarah Foster, email@example.com.
- Sunday: Sunday, May 16th 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Where: Zoom (invite will be sent to all registered email addresses prior to the workshop date)
- Who: All girls in 3rd – 5th grade but siblings in other grades are welcome to join
- Introduction to STEM Like a Girl
- Blast Off: Make a paper rocket that blasts off with a straw
- Sinking Ships: Test your design skills making a boat that can hold as much weight as possible before it sinks
- STEM Mentor Panel: Hear from women working in various STEM fields and ask them your questions
- Let’s Race: Design and build a balloon powered car that can race across the floor