… They help us build skills, knowledge and let our imaginations soar!!!
“Remake Learning Days: Badgerland” is pleased to count Libraries and Youth Services Librarians among its key educational partners throughout Wisconsin.
Over this difficult past year, our Libraries have been a beacon of light, providing online access, virtual programming and now Take Home activity kits and other engaging resources for youth and families.
Check out just a few of the many programs and resources offered by Libraries that are part of Wisconsin’s “Remake Learning Days” festival this year:
- Find out about the “Mystery STEAM Building Challenge” from the folks at the Matheson Memorial Library in Elkhorn.
- Do you like eating fruits and vegetables? How about chocolate? Check out the “Protect the Pollinators” program, courtesy of the Dwight Foster Public Library in Fort Atkinson, to find out what these have to do with pollinators, what is going on with pollinators, and how you can help!
- Get your very own At-Home Storytime Kit , courtesy of the Eager Free Public Library in Evansville. Kits include 3-4 books for checkout, song and rhyme sheets, and a simple craft project on a popular theme like seasons, animals, and more!
- Check out “Tween Scene – May Edition”, courtesy of W.J. Niederkorn Library in Port Washington, to find out how to create flower rubbings, flower inspired origami, and make pizza garden seed balls.
- Celebrate Earth Day every day at the Beloit Public Library in Beloit and find stories, activities, songs and crafts all about your favorite planet: EARTH!
- Grow, learn & create with earth-friendly Take & Make Craft Kits for all ages & abilities from Beaver Dam Community Library in Beaver Dam.
- Get Crafting with Barb! as part of Door County Library‘s springtime craft programs. Choose from 4 adorable crafts!
- And are you interested in the Circus? Read all about “Tents, Tigers and the Ringling Brothers” with a free e-book download, courtesy of Wisconsin Historical Society Press.
These programs and more are waiting for you as part of Wisconsin’s own “Remake Learning Days” Festival running now through May 15th, 2021. The Wisconsin Festival features over 100 free and low-cost engaging events, programs and experiences offered by local nonprofit organizations for K-12 youth and their families!
Find event details, links, dates and more at: www.remakelearningdays.org/Badgerland and search on event or library name.
(Miss the event date? Follow the links to the Library’s website – they are chock-full of exciting resources and programs!)
Wisconsin’s “Remake Learning Days: Badgerland” festival is a collaborative effort spearheaded by WeThinkBig LLC in partnership with Arts Wisconsin, Madison Community Foundation, PBS Wisconsin Education and regional education leaders. Local sponsors include The Kohler Foundation and local businesses.
#RemakeDays #RemakeLearningDaysBadgerland @kohlerfoundation @ElkhornLibrary @dwightfosterpubliclibrary @eagerfreepubliclibrary @WJNLib @BeloitPublicLibrary @doorcountylibrary @BDCL1984 @whspress @YSSBlog #publiclibraries #familyprograms