…as Earth Day Kicks Off a Week-long Festival of Learning Together!
Wisconsin’s own Remake Learning Days Festival kicks off on Earth Day runs April 22-30, 2022. This year’s nearly 80 events are designed by dozens of local nonprofit organizations – schools, libraries, museums, community centers and more — representing Wisconsin’s southcentral communities from the Wisconsin Dells area to Stateline.
Badgerland’s festival of events includes an array of activities in the Arts, Science, Maker Ed, Outdoor Learning, Youth Voice and Technology, as well as special programs for educators, caregivers and parents. Highlights encourage learners to:
- Boogie down for Friday Fun Night at the Wonderground – Madison Children’s Museum’s new exhibit & official Festival Kick Off features celebrity guests, music, arts and more!
- Make a splash as we go on a Virtual Shark Adventure by livestream with American Family’s Dream Bank.
- Jump into Nosotros Leemos y Jugamos at Meadowridge Branch of the Madison Public Library features books, songs and play en español.
- Tinker in tech and coding with Coding for Kids at the Beloit Public Library
- Let little ones lead the learning at any of the five Born Learning Trails offered in local parks by United Way Blackhawk Region!
The activities include virtual cave and museum tours, take-and-make kits, music-making and more.
“We are excited to celebrate the rich diversity of learning opportunities in our communities,” says Festival Coordinator Kathe Crowley Conn. “We hope this week-long festival will be a time to come together, introduce families to new activities and resources in our region, and ignite a fresh creative spark for learning together.”
The majority of events are free or low cost and are searchable by age, topic and location via the Festival website. You can find a complete list of events at: www.remakelearningdays.org/Badgerland
#RemakeDaysWI #WhenYouWonder #RemakeDays @MadisonChildrensMuseum @DreamBankMSN @BeloitPublicLibrary @MadisonPublicLibrary @UnitedWayBlackhawkRegion
Wisconsin’s “Remake Learning Days: Badgerland” festival is a collaborative effort spearheaded by WeThinkBig LLC in partnership with Create Wisconsin, Madison Community Foundation and regional education leaders. Local sponsors include WKOW-TV, The Kohler Foundation, Office Evolution – Madison Arboretum, PBS Wisconsin, and local businesses. #RemakeDaysWI
The National Remake Learning Days Across America festival is powered by the nonprofit organization Remake Learning; supported by lead sponsor The Grable Foundation and national partners: PBS Kids, Digital Promise, Common Sense Media and Learning Heroes.