Join us at the Family Day Kick-Off Community Celebration and Party as we celebrate joyful learning together during the official Beloit kick-off of Wisconsin’s “Remake Learning Days Festival”! on Saturday, April 22 from noon until 2pm at the Beloit Public Library.
This Official Kick-Off Party and open house will feature hands-on activities for youth from nearly a dozen local organizations! Come meet “Poopsie,” the official mascot of the Beloit Skycarp; and Zeke, a real-life support dog from the Southern Wisconsin Canine Therapy Association and take part in hands-on activities from local organizations and several of the Library’s family-friendly attractions.
The following organizations will be featured:
- Merrill Community Center – with 3D printing activities
- Welty Environmental Center – explore teeth & tails
- Stateline Community Foundation – find out about new programs, like The Basics
- The Southern Wisconsin Canine Therapy Dog Association — meet Zeke and learn about therapy dogs
- La Preferida and Ballet Folklorio – preview Children’s Day and more
- Youth2Youth4Change – discover smart choices
- The Beloit Skycarp – meet Poopsie, the official team mascot
- Rock County Historical Society — find out about local history
- PBS Wisconsin Education “Ready to Learn” – learn new ways to learn together
- play games, learn about programs and so much more!
The public is invited to drop in anytime during the event hours of noon until 2pm to enjoy the festivities and hands-on activities, meet Zeke and Poopsie, visit Mari’s Burgers food truck, and partake in a free community meal provided by Dwelling Angels.
Remake Learning Days is designed to showcase the many excellent ways families and youth can joyfully learn together in our community.
This Official Kick-Off Party in Beloit launches a festive week of over 150 free and low-cost, family-friendly events offered by nearly two dozen organizations and locations throughout Southcentral Wisconsin.
For more information about the Festival Event, visit family-day-festival-kick-off-party-at-the-beloit-public-library/
For information on additional activities that day and the following week, visit www.remakelearningdays.org/badgerland.