Before submitting your event to RLDAA, please consider the following questions:
- Is your event open to the public?
- Date/time of your event: Have you confirmed the date/time with key stakeholders?
- Event location: Where will your event be held? Is this 100% confirmed?
- Staffing for your event: Have you confirmed who will lead the event, day-of, at the confirmed location?
- Event Budget: Have you thought about what materials/food/supplies you’ll need, how much it will cost, and what your plan is for funding your event?
- Marketing Plan: Do you have a plan for how you will market your event to your networks?
- Event Name and Description: Do you have a great name and description for your event? See an example from another region here.
- Tracking RSVPs to Your Event (optional): Are you prepared to track RSVPs to your event if this is something you need? If you do not already have a method for collecting RSVPs and would like to track RSVPs, we recommend using Eventbrite. Please create your Eventbrite page first before submitting your “Host An Event” form. If you want to track RSVPs, you will be asked to submit your Eventbrite link during the RLD event registration process. Click here for a guide to create an Eventbrite page. If you prefer using a different RSVP mechanism, simply enter the appropriate link during the registration process.
If you answered ‘yes’ to all the questions above, then you’re ready to submit your event here!